Rear Brake issues( Drums )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the T is made into the rear flex line. I think if it comes down to it.. I will take off my proportioning valve and see if I can reset it myself.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is something I just realized from that link you provided.. that when the truck is running and I mash the pedal to the floor. the gauge light comes on. According to that site.. that happens when the piston on the inside moves to one side or the other.. hmm

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well here is another thought I am having.. Why couldnt I put the plug into the master cylinder for the front brakes.. and try to bleed the back brakes with the line still hooked up to the master cylinder. Reason I am thinking this is because if the piston in the combination/prop valve is slid to block off the back brakes... well if there is no pressure on the front brakes then the piston has no where to go, but towards the back?? that make sense?? sounds like a plan to me to try haha.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hope so. Sure enough it will go to the opposite end of the spectrum and I will have back brakes with no front breaks lmao.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Way down on the GM troubleshooting guide I linked to u, there is a procedure for testing and re-centering the combo valve. This sounds very much like your problem.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very glad you pointed that out. I printed it out, but I think that what I am going to do with that brake line off the master cylinder hopefully will do the same thing. If not.. guess I will loosen the bleeder screws up on both front wheels and leave them tightened on the back to see if that works. lol I appreciate your input Shelby.