Rear Brake issues( Drums )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only thing I see with that which is not clarified... is guessing the truck has to be running to do that test, and you want to hook your test light up to a positive volt connection and touch the brake warning light and see if the light comes on and go from there. I am pretty sure my problem is with that prop valve, but we will see tonight hopefully.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to reset the prop valve you plug one side of the MC, leave the other open and stomp on the brake pedal you should hear it clunk to reset.

I'd plug the rear, then stomp on it, and try it, if that fails plug the front and stomp on it.

When I front and rear I mean the brake position on the axles, because front of the MC is rear brakes, and rear is the front brakes.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct. I plugged the rear port closes to the firewall for the front brakes and left the back breaks hooked up. From what it looked like to me, it caused the pin on the prop valve to stick out from the valve. I am hoping I can get someone to help me bleed my brakes on the back today and see if they will bleed or not with only the back hooked up. I plugged the front and pumped the brakes, but the pedal never did get hard.. has me a little worried.. Still goes to the floor. Hoping it is just air I can bleed out.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct if there is air then it's gonna be soft.

I hope it works for you, if so I may plug mine and bleed the same way.

My prop valve leaks now after I took it apart so it's kinda hurting me. For one I bet it can let air in, and 2 I don't trust it so it's gonna get changed, still good knowing if that works or not, if not I may give the bottle over a shot.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
plugging that line off did me no good swims. I bled and bled and bled for just the rear brakes with the front brake line plugged off the master cylinder and I still got no pressure build up for the rear brakes...

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea the jug over the axle didn't help me any either. I got a prop valve on the way, so I'll try it.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me know. I am gonna try to find a used one. Kinda ironic we both have 88s with same problem lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
aint that the truth, mines a used one from a member here. I'll definately let you know.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
depending on if it got shipped today, sometime this week or maybe sat. I hope to have it on next week at the latest.