Rear Brake issues( Drums )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only thing I have not changed yet is the brake booster, which I do not think it is. I just do not know where it would be leaking when it is brand new lines and it is not leaking from anywhere from the front to the back. I just need to make me a power brake bleeder and try that sometime. lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your pedal won't go down with them open will it when you take the lines loose?

That doesn't seem right, seems like the line is kinked but if fluid comes out ti had to be letting some go thru. I say the prop valve needs held open, or maybe the bleeders need cleaned. Have you tried to remove them and clean them or shoot air thru them? Maybe the wheel cylinders are plugged up.

Also try as someone else said, pinch the rubber hose shut softly with vice grips and see what happens or unplug the rear line from the MC and put the plug in the MC and see if the pedal gets firm and good.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put the plugs in both the master cylinder ports one day.. pedal got hard as . You can bleed them all day long and drain the fluid in the MC, but there is not alot of pressure out back. The wheel cylinders are brand new so don't see how that can be a problem. lol I will try the pinching the rubber line at 6am when I get off work to see what that does.. the pedal should get hard if I do that right? I really think I need to get a c clamp big enough to fit around the prop valve, because I used the c clamp to hold the front pin which is closest to the core support and it made the pedal stiffer. I will try the pinching line thing tommorow before I go to bed. lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea if it's in the rear then pinhcing it shoul dmake it hard, if it doesn't the mc is bad, prop. valve or line in front of the rubber hose.

I was saying plug only the rear brake port at the mc not both. I know it gets super hard when both are blocked.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i pinched it some with vise grips and the pedal got hard so there os apmething leaking from there! Glad i got it pin pointed now. I am going to get a bolt or something to plug one side or the other off from that rubber hose so i can see which side is leaking. Might get that done tommorow maybe. Been sick past couple days so not much been happening. Thanks alot guys. I will keep ya updated!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would remove both hard lines you put on across the axle, check them for holes or kinks, blow thru them, then maybe just change both rear wheel cylinders, if they are new they should be under warranty take them back and tell them they are junk, get new ones free. if not try to buy some only like $10 a piece.