Really wish ppl would stop bringing me trucks with hydraulic fluid in trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think there a few squirrels in this thread that need to be dipped in hydraulic oil,...
Well, golly , I'll be dipped. lol At this point in my life I've tasted just about all automotive fluids in one form of mishap or another and not like I've never been able to do the John Travolta slicked back "Grease" hair do via ATF.....or maybe that was John Deere ISO whatever hydraulic oil.

Nobody's holding your hand forcing you to read it are they?

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
its nice to see such filfthy animals get what they deserve. Especially the fox squirrel up front. F*** around and find out, i say.
^Seconded!! Stinkin rodents. Every year one of them knocks out the power to my folks house by playing sparky. Its happened enough times they call in, tell the power company a squirrel screwed around on the transformer and they send someone out to replace the fuse/breaker/whatever right away.

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get it. I've used John Deere HyGard in performance TH350,TH400, 4L60E and 4L80E builds for years. The trans runs 20-30* cooler, survives alot longer under extreme conditions (racing, pulling, etc.) It even tightens the stall up by 2-300 rpm, shifts faster and cleaner.

What factual proof, do you have aside from "The OEM wants fluid X or fluid Y"?
Uhhhmmm maybe my 792 gmt400 and gmt800 under my belt, got 58
In my back yard …I’m 42 I been working on Chevy with my dad at 10 years old.. I ain’t saying that you can’t tell me ****…and I believe your statement and I know that it’s true . I wish you luck

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I build racing automatics all day.
I can tell you that using John Deere tractor fluid is not the same as ATF.
Not only does it smell horrible when it gets burnt, but it doesn't have the friction modifiers required by the clutch material to live.

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man love that. Some straight facts jack! I been smelling transmission fluid for 35 years like he said transmission fluid gotta smell a certain way like .