Realift Relocators - Install + Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sparg thank you.
Watched the whole thing, One thing is that you need a truck xmemeber and remove the gas tank xmemeber. since then have you fabbed up a new gas tank one?

Your welcome dow, I'm glad it helped!

Correct, the only Torsion Bar Cross Member that will work is from a pickup or suburban.

Unfortunately I have not yet fabricated a new cross member to replace the one just before the gas tank.

However, I actually modified the original and made it work, but you'd have to remove the lower control arms so the tbars go through it parallel (long story). It wasn't a good solution for a number of reasons, so I chucked the whole thing and I'm working on an idea for a totally new one. The hard part is tying in the tops and bottom's of the frame and making it bolt in w/o interfering with the new torsion bar cross member.

I really just need to get under the truck and think about it, but I've been swamped this week.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:idiot: it did work... he he he

VERY good video! Rep on the way! Very informative and helped me understand more how the t-bar system works. :handshake:

Glad it helped!! I should have made a separate video just for Torsion Bar removal/install but it didn't occur to me until a few days ago.

I'm hoping by Monday to post a set of install instructions (photos + txt) to accompany the video for guys that just want a quick breakdown.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A quick update:
I've got over 1k miles on the relocators and they are showing no signs of fatigue and the suspension feels great. I'm putting these through their paces for the June wheeling event @ Rausch Creek and will revert with details...but I'm pretty excited to finally have the extra ground clearance I needed so badly!

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A quick update. I have a Rough Creek four wheeling under my belt with the relocators and couldn't be happier. Structurally they are solid and not having the torsion bar cross member hang below the frame was invaluable!! Once my front diff crossed the obstacle(s) it was a nice change of pace not hearing that cross member hanging up on rocks or fallen trees.

Before I was nervous when I would just clear an obstacle b/c that cross member was like a giant plow grabbing everything...now, it's back where it should be!

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i sooo want to do this to my yukon. the brace in front of the gas tank is the only thing stopping me. if you can wheel yours without it then i guess my street queen will be fine too. thanks!!!

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to hear a good review Sparg!
How many miles on the relocators now?

If I had to guess, I'd say around 5k. Most are highway, but I beat the heck out of the suspension @ Rausch Creek and they held.

i sooo want to do this to my yukon. the brace in front of the gas tank is the only thing stopping me. if you can wheel yours without it then i guess my street queen will be fine too. thanks!!!

My disclaimer is that IF chevy/gmc put it there, so should you. I haven't tweaked anything yet from not having it in there, but I am looking to fab up a new piece. Once I install the design I'm thinking of, I'll show everyone...but it could be a few more months.

I tried my hardest to mod that OEM piece so it would work, but in the end I had to cut too much out of it.

I'm up in Boston and if you ever want to join on a wheeling trip, the invite is open to you.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the Z71 transfer skid plate a friend shipped me. Once I relocated the torsion bars, my transfer case was left unprotected and quite vulnerable.

Nice and easy solution to that problem!!

You must be registered for see images attach