re painted pieces!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just recently repainted my interior pieces charcoal gray and also the inner part of bezel the same copper color as my truck , ill get better daytime pics tomoro
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks good man, did you DIY or have a body shop do it?

if you did it yourself is there much to it? can you give me some instructions and what type of materials to use?

TIA!

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
o and is that cool white or blue you have for your Gauge clusters and courtesy lights?

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks i did it myself just pull the pices clean em real good and spray away ,then clear and i left the textured look so i didnt do any sanding ;but i did wet sand the clearcoat on the copper paint and for the bulbs they are blue from superbrightleds.com

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it any kind of special paint? where did you get it from and what is the clear? is it a special auto clear or like a polyurethane? sorry i dont know much about auto paint..also what is wet sanding?...thanks again!

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just duplicor vinyl/fabric paint with duplicolor laquer clear both rattle cans, as far as wet sanding im def no paint pro but wen i wet sand i use 1500 grit paper and spray or wet ur surface with warm soapy water . what this does is takes out the high spots(orange peel) and it just sands the clear coat down even and smooth ,then use a scratch remover then polish and your done

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet thanks for all the info...just one more question...where do you get the paint from?

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
auto zone, o riellys,ect (any out parts store should have it)

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
holy crap your drivers leather seat looks mint, interior looks good man.