RCSB C1500 Full Protouring Chassis Build, Twin Turbo LS Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonight I started laying out the cage in CAD. I went out to the truck and started to take some measurements. It's the rough layout only right now. The main purpose was to see where the cage falls in relation to the cab mounts and the outriggers on the chassis.

I'm currently in a holding pattern until my frame rails are delivered.

I ordered then from Boling Bros in CA. They should be here in a week and a half. The rails will be very similar to the rails in their IG post below:
You must be registered for see images attach

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also 3D printed some balljoint plumb bob holders to get a real exact measurement on the ball joint relationships to each when the crossmember is dead square.

Its tighter than 1/16" total spread. I'll call that good.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My frame rails are inbound from Boling brothers. They are due in on Wednesday. Super pumped. I started to lay out my frame table crossmembers in a little more detail and got them placed accurately.

When the frame rails come in, they are cut a little long on both ends (intentionally). In order to locate the rails properly I need a way to accurately measure the locations of the bends. The bends with the best surfaces for measurement are the rear frame rise. I made a little gage out of scrap plate. Should help out alot.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very Nice!!

What are those green deals bolted on there?

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice!!

What are those green deals bolted on there?
They are little plumb bob holders. They have a groove to keep the string centered, pointers, and theyre set up that the groove is exactly .5" from the surface they are mounted on.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some parts in from Speedway.

I got the plasma ripping tonight. Made removable adjustment slugs for the upper control arm mount and the control arm slots. The mount slugs can raise or lower roll center and change antidive percentage. The slugs in the slots are for caster adjustment. One piece shims will be cut for chamber adjustment. The LCAs are also adjustable length (over 1" of adjustment) for additional camber gain and chamber adjustment.

The plasma is alot cheaper than the $13 a piece slugs they sell.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also ran into a little snafu bundy. The driver side ball joint sleeve got a little tweeked in the welding process. I ended up ordering a ball joint sleeve tap from Left Hander chassis.

Luckily it saved the day.

Attached Images

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well look what the cat dragged in. The frame rails showed up. Super pleased with Boling Bros world on bending them up. Couldnt wait to get them sat up in the table and see how they look. I'll get em dialed in this weekend and burn em in

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What will you use the truck for when it's done?

I am planning on keeping the truck street legal and doing some different events non-competitively. Autocross, trackdays, and maybe ill set the 3 link to hit hard and try to run a number. The truck will have at the minimum a 8.50 NHRA cert cage. The question is whether or not i can also get it to comply with another series requirements at the same time.