RCSB C1500 Full Protouring Chassis Build, Twin Turbo LS Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As you likely are aware, drag cages don't fly on a road course. That said, track days don't require a cage. It's only W2W that would have you on the hook.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no idea how I missed this thread for so long. This is awesome, thanks for posting!

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you likely are aware, drag cages don't fly on a road course. That said, track days don't require a cage. It's only W2W that would have you on the hook.
Yes, unfortunately i am aware. That being said, Ive decided, even though my intention is to have the truck handle well, I am more likely to run into the high 8's than I am to competitively race the truck. I do plan on track daying the truck, but this project will not be "budget" by any means, and I do not think I can stomach the high likelyhood of wadding the truck up.

Unfortunately I have heard conflicting information on whether or not NHRA inspectors will allow extra bars on an 8.50 cert cage. The "rule" ive heard is no, if there is an extra bar then it must have all the bars applicable to that next level. That being said, ive seen cages Cert'd with additional bars, so it appears to be intermittently enforced.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Keep it up, this is a fantastic build. Just subbed to your YT channel.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I made good progress this week. The front crossmember and upper control arm mounts are in place. I also installed some frame bracing. Its tucked really low in the frame to maximize clearance for the exhaust and other goodies.

Big stuff coming this weekend hopefully...and it's NOT an LS.

You must be registered for see images attach