Radio Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
For me my 95 currently has a old pioneer circa 2004ish I had the same one brand new many moons ago. I however am eliminating the radio all together and going with a 200w amp and a bluetooth receiver.

Specifically the JL audio MBX-RT receiver and I am still undecided on the amp still but it won't be huge as I will only have 4 speakers in the truck.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea for some but NO
My new stereo arrived today and i SOOOOO want to go start putting it in but can't really do much cuz i gotta wait for the other junk to get here next monday. Guess ill sit around and read the :deal: or see what the wife is up to:hump:

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would these speakers be a good choice or is my system(50w rms) to low of output wattage?
Also, would it be a good idea to use RCA wires from the radio to the amp or would just normal non rca wires work just as good?
Sorry for all the questions. Just want to do it right the first time and you guys are a big help.
THANKS!

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would these speakers be a good choice or is my system(50w rms) to low of output wattage?
Also, would it be a good idea to use RCA wires from the radio to the amp or would just normal non rca wires work just as good?
Sorry for all the questions. Just want to do it right the first time and you guys are a big help.
THANKS!
El linko no worky....

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also RCA refers to the connectors on the ends of the cable, not the brand. Off brand RCAs will be fine.
If you're meaning speaker level inputs for the amp, use RCAs.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think those speakers will pair nicely with the amp. They're infinity's entry level line I think, but I'm sure they're still a quality product.
@Wh4t3v3rs would know more than me though.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could not help myself and ended up ordering speakers. Spent all day reading reviews and opinions and decided on these for the doors and for a powered under seat sub i got
this
Now to get some sound deadener to put in the doors, find a free weekend to put all this chit in then learn how to adjust lpf/hpf watching a couple hundred videos making sure the full range of sound is covered
Might try to find some 6X9 in individual boxes to go under the back seat on each side. Just a idea i'll see how it sounds first.