Question for lowering 96 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtpheath

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the truck world. I have a 96 ECSB and I would like to do a 2/4 drop on it and give it a nice set of 20's. My question is, what is a nice route to achieve the drop without breaking the bank? Thanks for the help guys, Heath

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
The right way is spindles up front, the cheap way is springs. 4" out back is shackles/hangers. Do your self a favor tho and just save the coin then go 4/6, 2/4 is just a tease! :) Hope this helps!

gtpheath

Reaction score
Thank you for the response red91! If you don't mind me asking what setup do you have?
I want to give the truck a good look while maintaining the ability pull/haul things

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I am running a 4/6, Check out my build thread in this section. All I would need to haul/ pull is a set of air helpers.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah just go 4/6 and save yourself alot of crap down the road.. once you change the front hangers out most just throw them away so if you ever want to go lower say from a 4" in the rear to a 6" you have to put your stock stuff back on. just spend your money on a good good set of shocks and the ride will be nice.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I'm gonna say these guys are right 4/6 is the way to go mines 3/4 and I'm happy but I wish the back was level with the front that's the only reason I want to go lower is because in my attempt to get rid of the work truck look I created a lower work truck look lol

Sent from my static android

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Go 4/6. You'll be happier with the finished look. 2/4 on 20's looks too donk-ish. You CAN tow with a 4/6. Add some helper bags.
My blue truck is a 2/4. Should have gone lower, then bagged the black one, so it could be even lower yet!
And yea, I threw out the front hangers. Doh!

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go 4/6. You'll be happier with the finished look. 2/4 on 20's looks too donk-ish. You CAN tow with a 4/6. Add some helper bags.
My blue truck is a 2/4. Should have gone lower, then bagged the black one, so it could be even lower yet!
And yea, I threw out the front hangers. Doh!

see what i mean lol never never throw the good stuff out!!

gtpheath

Reaction score
Y'all twisted my arm lol, I'll go the 4/6 route. So now my question turns to what's a good set up? I see kits online but I also see a lot of guys "throw" their own sets together. I just want something simple with a good ride....sorry for all the questions, this forum is full of knowledgable people that have been a lot of help!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
flip kit in the rear, spindles and springs, up front good shocks all the way around

Sent from my static android