Q- Logic Kick Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered some and was looking for thoughts and past experience with them. They basically allow you to put a 6.5" component speaker set into the kick panels.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I don't like 'em myself.

Imaging has always been pretty f'd up in my experience. Besides the aiming, they put the sound stage pretty low.

I prefer to build my own after careful aiming and testing over a couple weeks or so. If I use the kick panels I usually end up divorcing the tweeters and mounting them about dash level to pull the sound stage up some. Then I phase them a bit to compensate for the slight time lag.

I'm pretty picky about SQ though....:)

They're OK for the average joe. About as good as the door speaker locations.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're OK for the average joe. About as good as the door speaker locations.

This is good to know, as Im not one to start cutting into doors. The trucks only a driver, and Im only looking for an improvement from the 4x6. My home theater satisfies my audiophilia :smile: . Did you lose foot room? How did it affect the floor mats?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
This is good to know, as Im not one to start cutting into doors. The trucks only a driver, and Im only looking for an improvement from the 4x6. My home theater satisfies my audiophilia :smile: . Did you lose foot room? How did it affect the floor mats?

Depends on your floor mats. You may have to cut. I've only ever installed a couple and never in my own truck.

You loose a bit of foot room, but mostly where you would drop your foot when shifting around. Think where a "dead pedal" would be and you loose that.

The E-Brake is a PITA. Sometimes they have to be bent to clear the enclosure.

Last edited:

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im guessing factory floor mats should be fine then. Ill post up my experience when I get them installed.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got 'em installed?

How are they?

Unfortunately not yet. Ive cut the holes in the panels and test fitted the speakers, but haven't actually put them in yet. My new project car is taking away all my time currently.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Unfortunately not yet. Ive cut the holes in the panels and test fitted the speakers, but haven't actually put them in yet. My new project car is taking away all my time currently.

During my research on audio components, boxes and kick panels, ive read and heard multiple times if you put some sound deadner on the backside of the panels, it improves speaker performance.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
During my research on audio components, boxes and kick panels, ive read and heard multiple times if you put some sound deadner on the backside of the panels, it improves speaker performance.

I have as well. I was surprised when the kit actually included some polyfill. The overall quality and packaging of this product has impressed me overall.