Putting A Chip In A TBI Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CajunGMC

Reaction score
DAMN!!! I was all in till no e-matics. Seems if this guy has taken the time to write programs for the tbi's, he would have added the e-matic option for those of us with late 93 to 95 tbi. May call this guy for a chat.

CajunGMC

Reaction score
From dynamic efi web site: None of the EBL ECM systems are capable of running an 'E' automatic transmission. One can run the stock PCM for trans control and an EBL Flash (or P4/SFI-6 Flash) ECM for engine control. Many users of E transmissions have done this.
O.K, what about those of us that would like control over shift points and such? This would be a much better deal if it was all inclusive.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just modify your chip with the stock ECM if you want to modify trans control. EBL is nice, but not necessary. The stock ECM is tuneable for cheaper. It may not be as user-friendly to get there, but the end result is the same. I'm tuning the $0D code in my truck.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Just modify your chip with the stock ECM if you want to modify trans control. EBL is nice, but not necessary. The stock ECM is tuneable for cheaper. It may not be as user-friendly to get there, but the end result is the same. I'm tuning the $0D code in my truck.

:imo

You can replace the stock chips with flash memory modules in about 3 minutes, so I don't see why more people don't go this route. I've never had an issue with mine. I can datalog, tune, etc with not much more effort than an OBDII PCM. TunerPro is ridiculously easy to use as well.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:imo

You can replace the stock chips with flash memory modules in about 3 minutes, so I don't see why more people don't go this route. I've never had an issue with mine. I can datalog, tune, etc with not much more effort than an OBDII PCM. TunerPro is ridiculously easy to use as well.

What's the advantage to flash memory? Rewritable 27SF512 chips are only $5...and take about 1 sec to erase and maybe 10 to read/burn.