Protecting audio system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neozzick

Reaction score
I’m getting an alarm put on my truck very soon. Someone broke in just recently I discovered today. They seem to have pryed under the door handle to pop it open some how. I JUST had a stereo replaced in it, and this neighborhood has never had trouble with break ins. Seems like an inside job, heard of this before.

besides an alarm, is there any mods to beef up the exterior door handle to protect from this happening again? It actually happened in the past and this time the same trick was used. Any advice? It’s a 95 Chevy C1500, is this year just easy to break into?

You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not familiar with anything to help beef up the strength of the doors, I went a different route. I have a $2500 additional equipment policy on my insurance. They'll cut a check for the full MSRP of my system, after receipt of police report. I think it was like $5-6/month to add it. That's in addition to covering any damage they do to the vehicle breaking in. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m getting an alarm put on my truck very soon. Someone broke in just recently I discovered today. They seem to have pryed under the door handle to pop it open some how. I JUST had a stereo replaced in it, and this neighborhood has never had trouble with break ins. Seems like an inside job, heard of this before.

besides an alarm, is there any mods to beef up the exterior door handle to protect from this happening again? It actually happened in the past and this time the same trick was used. Any advice? It’s a 95 Chevy C1500, is this year just easy to break into?

You must be registered for see images attach

A 357 magnum makes it infinitely more difficult to break into the truck..........

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Insurance is the best thing to do honestly. If someone wants your **** bad enough, they'll get it, all we can do (even the Dirty Harry types) is slow them down by making things difficult.

Also, if they've hit your truck once and gotten a decent stereo out of it, they'll be back looking because they know you'll replace it. Change your habits, park it in view of an obvious camera, get that alarm. Also, for your own sake, check what laws apply to you before you go running out of the house shooting at someone is breaking in to your vehicle, you don't want that stereo to cost you a felony conviction or prison time.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Insurance is the best thing to do honestly. If someone wants your **** bad enough, they'll get it, all we can do (even the Dirty Harry types) is slow them down by making things difficult.

Also, if they've hit your truck once and gotten a decent stereo out of it, they'll be back looking because they know you'll replace it. Change your habits, park it in view of an obvious camera, get that alarm. Also, for your own sake, check what laws apply to you before you go running out of the house shooting at someone is breaking in to your vehicle, you don't want that stereo to cost you a felony conviction or prison time.

Oh stop it.......

When I locked myself out of my truck when out of town a couple years ago I called AAA. The guy got out of his truck, looked at my door, came back with a rubber balloon with a squeeze bulb attached, slid it between the cab and the upper corner of the door with the help of a plastic tool, pumped the balloon full of air until there was about an inch or more of clearance, reached in with the long plastic tool and unlatched the door lock. Less then 10 minutes after he arrived he drove off. It didn't hurt the door at all. It's quite easy to do the same thing with a pry bar and properly shaped long rod.

The big doors on trucks are quite flexible. The bears in the foothills on the yuppie side of the mountain have become quite familiar with people and their stuff. A decent size bear has the strength to grab the door by the upper corner and bend it until the window breaks, push the remaining pieces of glass aside and crawl in to help themselves to the bag of Fritos left inside. Lots of security cam videos of bears breaking into various vehicles out there.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh stop it.......

When I locked myself out of my truck when out of town a couple years ago I called AAA. The guy got out of his truck, looked at my door, came back with a rubber balloon with a squeeze bulb attached, slid it between the cab and the upper corner of the door with the help of a plastic tool, pumped the balloon full of air until there was about an inch or more of clearance, reached in with the long plastic tool and unlatched the door lock. Less then 10 minutes after he arrived he drove off. It didn't hurt the door at all. It's quite easy to do the same thing with a pry bar and properly shaped long rod.

The big doors on trucks are quite flexible. The bears in the foothills on the yuppie side of the mountain have become quite familiar with people and their stuff. A decent size bear has the strength to grab the door by the upper corner and bend it until the window breaks, push the remaining pieces of glass aside and crawl in to help themselves to the bag of Fritos left inside. Lots of security cam videos of bears breaking into various vehicles out there.
I run a tow truck as a side gig, I am that guy lol. I can break into any vehicle in a matter of minutes with the exact same tools you mentioned. Which I keep in my truck.;)

Neozzick

Reaction score
I will add, it has manual door locks. I’m guessing this makes it easier if it’s not an automatic door lock system? Sorry about my ignorance.

I called the place that installs alarm systems and he quoted also $100 a door to install automatic door locks. I’m probably going to go ahead and do that, don’t think I’d do a good job.