Project: Just Keep it Nice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Something happened.

You must be registered for see images attach

I got the right clear corner lenses!!!

Hmm... Those dead spots to the sides of the headlights.... Need something. More lights.

Also got my tailgate chrome handle and drop bars put on. While I was at it, took the pivot point plates off the bed, cleaned them up from a tiny bit of surface rust and threw some paint on them. Didn't realize until after I put everything back together that I could have done the same thing with the pivot plates on the tailgate itself too. Didn't know they could be separated from the tailgate. Of course! Lolol. Future.

No, it isn't color matched. I wasn't trying to. I kinda like the deeper blue, it's sort of like an accent in a way and I like the way it turns out.

Oh uh.. Yeah that's TWO 120mph clusters now. Plus a 93 and a 94 tach cluster. I need to start selling stuff lolol

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Your truck is really nice! I really like the fact you found one that is a manual. Those seem to be kinda rare, especially with the 95+ models. I got lucky and found a '97 with a 4.3 Vortec and NV3500.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Your truck is really nice! I really like the fact you found one that is a manual. Those seem to be kinda rare, especially with the 95+ models. I got lucky and found a '97 with a 4.3 Vortec and NV3500.

Did the 4.3 manual thing once, wouldn't do again unless it just fell in my lap lol. It was fun to learn driving stick on tho.

The stereo wiring diagram up there? ... Well.. It exploded. Now it's my entire (future) Sierra :rofl: ... Now let's see how many years go by before anything actually happens with it...

Link because image is freaking huge (not file size, just resolution). https://www.ak49bwl.com/other/wires/1997K1500/MySierra/SierraWiringSchematic.png

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something happened.

I got the right clear corner lenses!!!

Hmm... Those dead spots to the sides of the headlights.... Need something. More lights.

Also got my tailgate chrome handle and drop bars put on. While I was at it, took the pivot point plates off the bed, cleaned them up from a tiny bit of surface rust and threw some paint on them. Didn't realize until after I put everything back together that I could have done the same thing with the pivot plates on the tailgate itself too. Didn't know they could be separated from the tailgate. Of course! Lolol. Future.

No, it isn't color matched. I wasn't trying to. I kinda like the deeper blue, it's sort of like an accent in a way and I like the way it turns out.

Oh uh.. Yeah that's TWO 120mph clusters now. Plus a 93 and a 94 tach cluster. I need to start selling stuff lolol

What corner lenses are these??

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I thought those looked familiar haha, Spec-D Tuning is probably one of the more quality euro side markers around, I have bought several sets from them, you can kinda feel a weight difference vs. the more cheaper ones. Though for some reason, it's always the upper passenger side, side marker that gets condensation in it, but the rest are ok.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I am glad to hear they're better quality. They're the first ones I saw that were what I was looking for lol.

I still have the Chevy ones as well, didn't bother sending them back. Might try to do some test mods on the uppers and see if I can't maybe finagle a couple LEDs into them. Give some light to the sides of the headlights.

Last edited: