Project geneva crew cab dually duramax swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used some pretty heavy duty bags on mine, so I probably run closer to 15 psi.
because I did the bars outside, bags inside I’m getting a little more body roll on the rear than I want also.
I have kicked around the idea of leaving the bags in removing the shocks and adding the coilovers outboard and keep the air springs as “helpers.”
I have been tearing through your thread. It’s pretty awesome. I was pondering an engine swap on mine. But out here a diesel newer than 97 needs a biannual smog. No such laws in Florida?
Are you guessing your running 15 psi? The bags I have are off a semi trailer that's why I run such little air. All the double bellow bags are Probably only 5000lbs bags. Does each bag have its own air line or did you tee them.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you guessing your running 15 psi? The bags I have are off a semi trailer that's why I run such little air. All the double bellow bags are Probably only 5000lbs bags. Does each bag have its own air line or did you tee them.
I ran two valves to each bag, one for fill and one for dump.
There isn’t a T. I added the cutoff valve to try and mitigate my loss of air while parked.
I have Shrader valves on each bag to check pressure. It’s possible I’m recalling incorrectly.

I have the analog gauges for the individual bags, just hadn’t hooked em up. Each bad has 1/2” valve and 3/8 lines.
It only takes a quick blip of the switch to get to ride height. I’ll go out and double check the PSI

Edit to add.
I originally did T them without check valves. That’s a terrible idea. I felt like the air shifted from bag to bag while driving and caused a ton of roll.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I just watched some of the videos on YouTube. Looks great!

Now that you've just about got this one wrapped up, I'll let you borrow mine to build to see if there's anything you'd do differently...Sound like a plan? :anitoof:

Seriously, it's been great seeing all that's been done to it. A lot of what you've done towards making this last for decades to come are the same things I want to do to mine, so I can involve my son and leave something special to him when I'm gone.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck is currently apart finishing up the 3 link for the full air ride. I ended up bending the 3 link crossmember when I put the trailer on it so they are building me a new cross member with gussets and I will add some braces to it.once this truck is done I have a Sclb duramax that will be getting a quick refresh

You must be registered for see images attach

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I took the trailer to get weighted and the next day I went to put the bed on and found the 3 link crossmember bent. Nfamous stands behind there parts. He built me another one welded together with gussets and shipped it the next day. Hopefully tomorrow I can swap it out and add more bracing..