Project-->> Clean-up the DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3M adhesive remover, let it soak a few times, then hit it with a 3M eraser wheel. Will come off like it was butter!

Awesome thanks man! Looks like that will wait til this weekend when we do the cab corners. NOw I have to decide what type of front end to go with...B/c of budget reasons, I can't get a new rear bumper to color match the bumpers, so keeping them chrome is going to have to be it unless I come up with a junkyard find....which my luck wont happen since they all over price things here.

So, smooth chrome bumper with painted 94+ gmc grille, or chrome bumper with either a painted or chrome chevy 94+ grille?

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice lil chevy, sounds like you'll turn it right around! Good start

Thanks, I am hoping this every day!

Well just went out and did cleaning to the engine bay. Figure since I am keeping it stock under there, mind as well make it as good looking as possible.

Before:

You must be registered for see images attach

After:

Last edited:

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great!

Thanks man. Hey quick question for you, when swapping the front end to a 94+, how long did it take you to get the grille mounted and all? I seen your thread where you did it and I want to see if I should get the grille last minute or a head of time. And if there was any modding of the grille so if there is, I dont do it after its already painted.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Looking gooooood!!!!! Wish mine was that clean. How did you clean it?

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking gooooood!!!!! Wish mine was that clean. How did you clean it?

Pictures are decieving (sp). Its still dirty, just a dirty shine lol. I went muddin in August and never cleaned it under there so it was all dirty and all so it could be cleaner. I plan to clean it more thorough when it comes closer to the paint job.

But to clean it I just used Spray Nine soaked it with that, than it it with water. Dried the engine, than when dry, I sprayed that stuff from Autozone. The ''Gunk'' engine foam cleaner. I will take a picture of it tomorrow to see how it is than since this is only 15 minutes after spraying it.

I do have another question, I want to convert it to a 14 in air cleaner setup (delete the section going to the fender) more so for the BL and clean look, is there a part # most use for a drop in setup or is it pretty generic ?

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Pictures are decieving (sp). Its still dirty, just a dirty shine lol. I went muddin in August and never cleaned it under there so it was all dirty and all so it could be cleaner. I plan to clean it more thorough when it comes closer to the paint job.

But to clean it I just used Spray Nine soaked it with that, than it it with water. Dried the engine, than when dry, I sprayed that stuff from Autozone. The ''Gunk'' engine foam cleaner. I will take a picture of it tomorrow to see how it is than since this is only 15 minutes after spraying it.

I do have another question, I want to convert it to a 14 in air cleaner setup (delete the section going to the fender) more so for the BL and clean look, is there a part # most use for a drop in setup or is it pretty generic ?

Summit has 14" air cleaners pretty cheap. I don't have a part number but they're easy as hell to find.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Summit has 14" air cleaners pretty cheap. I don't have a part number but they're easy as hell to find.

But I mean its as easy on these trucks as take off old ducting, and put on the cleaner kit from summit? What about the tube that goes from the ducting to the exhaust manifold on the passneger side?

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But I mean its as easy on these trucks as take off old ducting, and put on the cleaner kit from summit? What about the tube that goes from the ducting to the exhaust manifold on the passneger side?

Ive been wanting to do something like this as well, I tried flipping the lid the other day just to see how it drove and it seems to idle a little different and has a loud intake growl. Is this hurting anything like gas mileage or???