Project-->> Clean-up the DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I purchased this truck off a former co-worker for a whopping 1500 bucks and immediately had intentions to do alot to it. But being that its my DD and I have another project truck (lt1/t56 s10), I want to keep this to a budget build. SO alittle about the truck. Bought it back in the end of July for 1500 dollars. Its a 1990 RCSB 5.7l silverado 4x4 with only 120k on the clock! The paint is faded, chipped and the typical cab corner rust, but other than that it drives great!

Once I got it home (literally 5 minutes), I started to dismount the gosh awful items....You take a guess which parts I began to take off, haha

You must be registered for see images attach

As you guessed it, I took off the cab extender and the grille guard...Yes some like the guard but I am not a fan and happy to get rid of it! SO it looked like this

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SO now I was left with the smaller items, step bars and bed railings to remove. So I did, (not pictured) and moved onto the interior. This is how I recieved it.

ANd this is how it is for now....NOTE: I didnt leave it off due to the countless amount of screw holes all over the dash so yes it still has it on but atleast it looks somewhat better!

And as pictured above, you can see it has the extreme cali lean to it. SO I knew already the TB's were cranked a good amount. Could also tell by the really REALLY stiff ride. Heres a picture of the CV axles

And now after they were decranked a few turns

Also was done was the exhaust. Some like it some dont but I have always wanted my exhaust like this if I ever got a fullsize, so here it is!

SO heres how she sat as of yesterday

And as of today, I got one side of the side molding and chrome molding OFF the truck.

before:

After:

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So now that I got you all up to date on the progress, I will fill in the future plans for this truck. Next weekend, we are putting on new cab corners, and preping the body for paint. Some like it some dont (I had my s10 painted by them same type of paint and was satisfied for the money) but I am going to get Maaco to paint it. Its half off priced so I got a quote for it to be painted with the 50% off deal. Once thats done and over with, the fun begins! I am swaping the front grille for a newer 94+ gmc grille shell, installing a 3 inch BL that I got off CL (100 bucks for the kit) and than in the market for some 285s or if I finally find a deal, 305/70/16s. That will set the truck off to where it will have a nice streetable stance but also have somewhat of a aggressive look to it. Truck sits at about 37.4 inches upfront and 37.0 in the rear for fender hieght, so with the newer tires and 3 inch BL, it should have about a 40-41 inch height and have a great stance for a DD truck.

So to recap, plans are as followed:

Exterior:
-replace cab corners
-touch up body (body is very straight for being 22 yrs old)
-repaint the truck to match all one color!
-install a 94+ grille setup
-matching lights for 94+ grille

Suspension/tires
-install 3 inch body lift
-find a deal on 33s

Misc:
-Paint frame
-install the tubular step bar setup (black in color) to hide frame

Future if I stumble upon a great deal:
-Tow mirrors from a gmt800 truck
-install RCSB gmc sierra chrome door molding fromt he 02-06 trucks (left chrome or painted black)

Alright thats it! Hope it will look as good as I think it should look in my head. Constructive critisim is welcome! Just dont beat me up too much!!

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I've seen this on GMFS. Looks good for its age and not bad for $1500. Can't wait to see it painted.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I've seen this on GMFS. Looks good for its age and not bad for $1500. Can't wait to see it painted.

Believe me, he was just kidding about selling it to me,and he said 1500 dollars and its yours. I went right home, put my jimmy for sale on CL and hoped to sell it quickly. It did, sold it on my jobs parkin lot, lol....And I gave him the cash. I could have flipped it for 3k if I wanted to. But I love it and do not want to get rid of it!

ANd me too man, I'd love to have it like 90chevstepside, but I cant dump that much into 37s and gears and suspension lift, lol.