Proform valve covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I'm runnin the black crinkle proform tall valve covers. Adding oil is a pain in ass cuz of baffle below oil cap. I think I know the answer but wanna know if anyone else has experience before I do it. Can I just drill or cut a hole in that baffle? Off motor of course.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never understood why sealed oil fill caps needed a baffle. Toyota is bad about that too.

Maybe if you were running an old school filter cap thing, I can see the need for a baffle.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I’ve never understood why sealed oil fill caps needed a baffle. Toyota is bad about that too.

Maybe if you were running an old school filter cap thing, I can see the need for a baffle.
Think these are only ones I've run oem or aftermarket that has em. I'm pretty sure I can blow a hole in em but just tryin cover my ass cuz I definitely don't wanna lose another motor

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think these are only ones I've run oem or aftermarket that has em. I'm pretty sure I can blow a hole in em but just tryin cover my ass cuz I definitely don't wanna lose another motor
Im not a doctor, but I think as long as there isnt any debris from the removal process it’ll be fine. Maybe someone smarter than us will chime in with some explanation that makes sense :crazy:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Only reason I see a need is with overhead cams. The cams will fling oil. The baffles are a pain, Though. My Saturn was heavily baffled, and I had to be carefull pouring oil in since I could pour faster than the oil would flow through.

I don't have the covers in hand, and Google isn't showing me what you have, but drilling a couple holes seems reasonable, as long as the rest of the baffle won't hold onto the shavings and drop them later.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Only reason I see a need is with overhead cams. The cams will fling oil. The baffles are a pain, Though. My Saturn was heavily baffled, and I had to be carefull pouring oil in since I could pour faster than the oil would flow through.

I don't have the covers in hand, and Google isn't showing me what you have, but drilling a couple holes seems reasonable, as long as the rest of the baffle won't hold onto the shavings and drop them later.
I was thinking pull it off n drill one or a couple holes. Napa had a sale on full synthetic 5w30 jugs. 5 bucks cheaper than synthetic blend. Screw it I'll take it. Pouring a jug over a slow time is kinda a pain in ass. Maybe after I finish diff install tmrw I'll drill some 1/2 holes in the baffle n spray it out then reinstall.