Show off your valve covers and engine bays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95nProgress

Reaction score
Man, that SUCKS you had a beautiful truck.
Yes, it was quite devastating, but the Lord had his hand on me that day. Hydroplaned, swapped ends, went across two lanes of traffic at 7:45am (rush hour), missing oncoming traffic but flew over a curb and t-b on ed a tree on the drivers door. I was quite lucky, all I got was a cut on my forehead they superglued together. I bought the truck brand new in '95, dropped it 4/6 the second week I had it. Put those Budnik's on it a week later...Did LOTs of things to it. Went another direction with the replacement, can't leave it alone either...

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to hear your weren't seriously injured. Hydroplaning frickin sucks. It happened to me on my way to work at an oil rig dock to catch a boat to an offshore oil drilling rig, back in early 2014. Only months after having my truck painted. At 75 MPH, the rear end just started coming around after hitting a big puddle of water. My truck did a slow 360° spin through the medium with tall grass, and I ended up in the on coming fast lane, looking at a 18 wheeler, and a pickup stopped in there lanes looking at me. Lucky they saw what was going on and were able to stop before I got to close. It could have been a real bad head on collision, thank God they were able to stop. I made a U turn, and headed back to the first turn a round, and went back on my way to work. I had zero damage. Just some tall blad grass under the truck. Hydroplaning is a very strange feeling. You have zero control. All you can do is try to steer into it, and ride it out. I knew I had a real problem, when there was no more help I could do with the steering wheel.