problem with window motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hello
rear rh window motor opens when i push up and closes when i push down, from both rear door and driver's door. it doesn't seem the harnesses can be connected backwards. any idea?

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably someone changed the motor and for some reason had to splice the harness and got it wrong. That or an aftermarket motor that is internally wired backwards.
Thats my ideas. [emoji16]

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

mariodave

Reaction score
What happened was that someone took the motor case off that holds the permanent magnets and reassembled 180 degrees out. If you reverse the magnetic poles on a permanent magnet motor in relation to the current in the armature it will run in reverse. If you reverse the current it will also run in reverse. That's how it goes up and down.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My drivers side (motor) window is not working well. Damn boarding when I played hockey in the 90s.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was spliced into the wire circiut in reverse you could just remove the window motor connector and swap pin positions and reconnect. Good luck.