Problem with my order, how can you help me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i know yuo dont want to pay the 20 shipping but just return it, order another. everytime they sent me a wrong part accidentally i retunred it and got my full money back including shipping, but maybe thats just me. i do know i was pretty pissed when i couldnt return some parts i ordered but i was pat the return policy so i got over it. they have good stuff at good costs. some better than your local auto stores i mean Timken wheels bearings for a better price and im all over it. you cant really beat that regarless of if its newer or older. and like bluex said sometimes manufacturers of seals change in design or their supplier changes something. for what reason? just a supply issue doesnt mean its a bad part if it was a faulty part im very sure itd be taken off the shelves. but i understand where your coming from you want them both to match, its your truck and itll bug you like hell i get that.

personally theyve never sent me a label, ive always gotten a full parts and shpping return after it was sent back and the money back into my account idk if thats how it was suppose to be or it was just the return situation i was in but thats what has happened to me.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
So how is two slightly different bearings cause for concern?

What if you only replaced one? Then one is stock an has 150k+ miles (or more in a lot of our cases) an one is brand new. Would that drive y'all crazy as well?

I just don't see the big deal here, they have to meet the same specs regardless of looks. They could have been made in two different factories or there could have been an equipment upgrade in the factory that drove the change. You can be assured there is no ground braking design change between the two or there would be a part number change.

Personally I'd install them an get 200k+ trouble free miles out of them without losing any sleep....

You must be registered for see images

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I would pay shipping (unwillingly) if they could garuntee me a new style bearing. From my experience so far, I am willing to bet they would send me an old one.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Not to be an ass, but I really don't see the problem here. So you have two parts that LOOK different, but are stated to FUNCTION exactly the same. So what's the problem?

Does it bother you that these trucks use both metric and standard bolts and hardware? Do these bearings look at all like the ones you're replacing?

What I'm getting at here, is that function matters more than form or appearance. You're never going to see these bearings. If one fails, then return it, but complaining that you got an "old" part, that is brand new, and stated to function exactly like the other seems a bit unreasonable. Besides, this is going on the truck you rolled, right? If you're honestly this picky about how wheel bearings look, then you're going to spend a LOT of time and money rebuilding that truck to that level of detail.

That's just my $0.02. Rockauto is a wholesale distributor, online. From what I've seen they have great customer service, you call, and actually talk to someone fairly quickly. Their catalog also suggests they know what they're doing, as their parts are always relevant. Maybe you don't agree with me, but that's just my take on the whole thing.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would pay shipping (unwillingly) if they could garuntee me a new style bearing. From my experience so far, I am willing to bet they would send me an old one.

The only problem with that is the person you talk to on the phone has no way of knowing what part you will get. They are more than likely not at the warehouse the parts are at.

You could always do this. Order another one. It will match one of the two you have. Then return the one that is the "odd" man out. Either way your going to pay shipping again, probably both ways to....

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I really don't see an issue here, yes there is a slight difference in design. Do you freak out when a company that makes detergent or shampoo changes the bottle shape or label color? What would happen if you were shopping and there were two of the same bottles side by side on the shelf?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yes, I do freak out. But to correct you it would be like having 2 shampoo bottles that look the same but have different ingredients one of which causes my skin to itch just like rockauto.

Yes it does bother me the truck has standard and metric bolts. Being rolled has nothing to do with this situation. When I rebuild something I do it to my personal standards, not yours.

The newer style bearing feels firmer to turn, which I concluded means it is built to tighter tolerances. Just my opinion I know only a few people here think like I do.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Yes, I do freak out. But to correct you it would be like having 2 shampoo bottles that look the same but have different ingredients one of which causes my skin to itch just like rockauto.

Yes it does bother me the truck has standard and metric bolts. Being rolled has nothing to do with this situation. When I rebuild something I do it to my personal standards, not yours.

The newer style bearing feels firmer to turn, which I concluded means it is built to tighter tolerances. Just my opinion I know only a few people here think like I do.

No my friend, your logic is flawed.

A simple change in grease compound or amount can make it "feel" different but have nothing to do with it's function or production tolerance...

Status
Not open for further replies.