Problem on the 'limp' home yesterday.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I assume this is it.
I can read it now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Other than what the scan tool is showing, how do I tell where the misfire is coming from if spark and compression is good? Maybe spark/fuel isn't consistent? But then why doesn't it act up when the codes are cleared??
I'll see more when I check the injector pulse balance tomorrow or Friday depending on when the tool arrives.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, where I'm at now.......
Waiting on cats and need to repair downstream O2 sensor bung.
I'll bring #1 to tdc and check the rotor tomorrow but I don't think it has move because that would alter my cmp angle which is 1.1 to 1.6 degrees.

Last edited:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those injector drop pressures look fantastic. You have to do system of elimination. You can almost certainly eliminate injector causing a miss at this point. Edit: but isn't static fuel pressure a bit low? I don't know what the minimum fuel pressure is for the MPFI...

My 5.7 Vortec was around 55 psi, on the original spider and after I changed to the MPFI. My 4.3 Vortec original spider was also around 55 psi.

Now you can focus on other possibilities. Ignition/spark? I know you said distributor was new. Maybe it's faulty? On the distributor though, not sure how one would check that?

Last edited: