Problem on the 'limp' home yesterday.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn! 50% fuel trim on bank 2?! That's after the new spider/fuel regulator, right?

Did you get a bad spider? A wire get pinched? Check that injector is getting pulsed. Can you recheck the fuel pressure holds with key on, engine off? Do that quick check I mentioned before by watching fuel trims while revving engine.

I was going to suggest checking your cat since engine ran with misfire, but you already changed the O2 sensor. I don't think a bad catalytic converter would "cause" a misfire, would it?

Spray some carb cleaner on the intake tube and you should see the 02s go rich. That's a sanity check that they are okay and not lying. I've done that before and it seems to work for me. A bad sensor won't respond.

Last edited:

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll do the checks tomorrow. At work right now. Had to drive the car.
The volts shown in post #76 were at the connector on the harness , not the sensor itself.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why can I drive for 8-10 miles with the truck running good after I clear the codes and disconnect the battery???
If I find that answer, I think I find my problem.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a leak where the brake booster hose goes into the manifold. Put a hose clamp on it and ran test again. No leaks.
Tried to remove downstream O2 sensor and it broke off real easy.
Back at it tomorrow.