price on new paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6789olds

Reaction score
ok i got 2 estements on getting my truck painted on shop was 2600 for the same colorand 3100 for a color change . and shop #2 was 5,000 and 5,400 for a color change shop #2 does do bad ass paint jobs but dang lol or am i just being a cheap a** how much should a nice 2 stage paint job cost both shops wanted to pull the bed off and paint behind it is that nessisary if i keep the same color ? here is my truck

You must be registered for see images attach

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
2500 to 5000 ***** outragous some areas are cheaper then others of course. I had a shop in OH give me the best price I got wich was 1500

6789olds

Reaction score
yeah my truck is not in that bad of shape to cost that much cash for a repaint i have one good dent in the side pic in the lower bottom of the bed and that all . i do have lots of little scratches and some clear peeling on the roof but thats it . paint jobs always make me nervous cause its hard to find a good shop that doesnt charge crazy prices . the place that said 5,000 said they could do it in a week and half . now thats some profit lol

6789olds

Reaction score
this whole paint job thing started cause i want a cowl hood and was going to just paint that hood and blend to the fenders . and both shops were $800 to do the hood and then the repaints were so far apart from each other . the more expencive shop is useing a water base paint system .

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why do you want to paint it? I love that green color. Just Clay bar it and polish and wax it.....Should buff right up...

6789olds

Reaction score
Why do you want to paint it? I love that green color. Just Clay bar it and polish and wax it.....Should buff right up...

well i want a cowl hood and was tossing the idea around of painting it to fix all the imperfections and the dent in the bed if it was gunna be reasonable price but seems like its gunna be a lot . the paint still shines nice tho . guess i might just have to do just the hood for now .

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think just get the hood painted and then throw some fender flares on it to break up the green a little. It will add some character.