Power steering pump fails....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some come with the EVO bypass piping, but that is the (control valve?) that goes into the back.

Yes, you do need to reuse the rear mounting studs/bolts. I've read that the bracket can crack if the pump isn't supported with those two studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well just went and exchanged the old refurb for a new refurb but it's already got the EVO bypass on it so yeah.....about to check it out and see if that was the problem....
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
If this one ends up seeming to be a fail, disconnect both the high pressure and low pressure lines from the pump. Use an air Chuck to blow around 30 to 50 psi air through the high pressure hose, make sure you get something good coming out of the low pressure hose.

You should have a pretty wide open flow.

I think there is a check valve in there somewhere that prevents fluid from going backwards through the low pressure side. It's possible that thing is jammed shut.

shamrock246

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There could be something wrong with the spool valve in the steering gear bypassing the pressure back to the pump instead of giving you assist.

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There could be something wrong with the spool valve in the steering gear bypassing the pressure back to the pump instead of giving you assist.

I second this. I've had steering gear chewed up seals cause problems with pump. They aren't super forgiving of junk in the fluid. especially not the junk part store ones(cardone).

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, got the EVO - less pump installed no issues and I now have power steering again! It doesn't feel right because I have been hard turning for about a month now lol but it's legit and I appreciate all the advice given here it definitely helped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk