Power steering fluid suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your Suggestions works also for a refill, without changing all the fluid?
You can add new fluid to old fluid. The fluid gets contaminated over time, I would recommend siphoning out the fluid in the reservoir first to get more new fluid in the system. If the old fluid was particularly nasty, adding an inline filter to the return hose would continue conditioning the system.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. I thought hydrobost was steering, not braking..
Negative. Hydroboost is for braking. It uses hydraulic pressure from the power steering fluid from the power steering pump to provide BRAKING (not steering) assist.

That is why you look at the firewall behind the master cylinder. You will either have a vacuum brake booster which looks like a round canister, or you will have a hydroboost brake booster which looks totally different.

By the looks of the power steering pump, you likely have a vacuum brake booster. But to be sure, look at the firewall.

giaguaro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Negative. Hydroboost is for braking. It uses hydraulic pressure from the power steering fluid from the power steering pump to provide BRAKING (not steering) assist.

That is why you look at the firewall behind the master cylinder. You will either have a vacuum brake booster which looks like a round canister, or you will have a hydroboost brake booster which looks totally different.

By the looks of the power steering pump, you likely have a vacuum brake booster. But to be sure, look at the firewall.
Here it is..

Attachments

• IMG20231203130036.jpg
    IMG20231203130036.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG20231203130031.jpg
    IMG20231203130031.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 5