Power lock and dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterboy109

Reaction score
Ok guys I’ve searched but I can’t find a post for the exact issue I’m having, neither power door lock works on my 1997 silverado k1500. When I press the unlock button nothing happens, when I press the lock button I can hear the relay under the dash click and my dome light illuminates. I will also say my dome light does not turn on when I open my door. I have replaced the relay, passenger side door actuator, and checked fuse 13? I believe is the correct fuse , but since I hear it click I know I have power. I’m at a loss and can’t for the life of me figure out what else could cause this or what would be common with the dome light. Please help.

Waterboy109

Reaction score
So I was thinking it could be my BCM because I’m having intermittent wiper issues also then I find out the GMT 400 doesn’t have a bcm so now back to square one ‍♂️

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Pin switch in ends of dashboard, that activates the dome light, may be your culprit if grounds and connections are good. These are plastic and do wear out after 25 years....