Power Door locks not working right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95moburb

Reaction score
When I push the unlock button on key fob for my 95 suburban it will only unlock the drivers door. Also when I try to unlock the doors from either front door it will only unlock the drivers door. But I can lock all the doors from both doors and the key fob. Need some help because its getting to be a pain in the ass.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe the actuator in the passenger door is getting weak? Maybe try swapping them to see if the issue swaps as well.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you manually try to unlock the other doors, do the mechanisms move freely or is there a good degree of resistance?

If they're difficult to move, the actuator rods need cleaning and re-lubing where they go through the plastic slider clip on the inner door panel. This is a fairly common issue once these trucks get older and it's very easy to fix. Remove the door panel and then operate the manual lock knob so you see which rod it uses (there are two - other is for the interior door handle) then gently pry it out of the white plastic clip you see about midway down. A little brake parts cleaner on a paper towel to wipe off the old grease, then apply a little fresh lithium grease to that area of the rod and pop it back in - work it a few times to spread the grease in the slider. Repeat to the other doors as well.

I've had them gum up the old lube so bad I just about broke the key off in the lock. The momentary pulse the keyless entry unit sends out to unlock the doors is no match for that.

Richard

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
x2.
When I bought mine it barely unlocked the doors. I took the panels off and the little plastic guides for the rods had way too much grease on them that had hardened and they would barely slide.

95moburb

Reaction score
i will try that its been raining here for about a week and haven't been able to look at it I have switched the passenger side out with one I new was good and it still doesn't work. also my lock on the barn doors works when it wants to but I think that might be the actuator going bad because it will work if I slam the door a few times or hit it where its mounted. thanks for the ideas guys like I said when we get a break in the weather im going to try and clean the rods and re grease them.

95moburb

Reaction score
so I took my rear back door actuator out and it will lock but it will not unlock so it looks like I have to replace all my actuators except my driver side front door

socool9004

Reaction score
resurrecting this thread in hopes of getting some new light....

I have a 94 Burb with barn doors. The rear lock actuator sometimes work and sometimes doesn't, seems to want to work more when its cold out.

I replaced the actuator and cleaned the contacts with a rag and some WD-40, still didn't seem to make a difference, anyone had this odd issue?