Polish chrome bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I waxed my truck, and went over the aluminum with some white diamond yesterday. I did a spot on my bumper with white diamond, and I really wasnt impressed. My bumpers are in decent shape, and all ready shine, so there is no oxidation to remove, and that is what white diamond is good at. I have used some chrome polish on the bumpers before and it worked well.

adam rogers

Reaction score
I just picked this bumper up from the junk yard, but after taking off the license plate holder, there is an obvious difference between the brilliance of the chrome. I don't plan on putting the license plate holder back on. Any reccomendations on how to polish the bumper will be appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

I have used mothers and white Dimond on my welds wheels white dimond is by far the better solution to use to get that finish that you are looking for

FlyingSHREK

Reaction score
I just picked this bumper up from the junk yard, but after taking off the license plate holder, there is an obvious difference between the brilliance of the chrome. I don't plan on putting the license plate holder back on. Any reccomendations on how to polish the bumper will be appreciated.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used mothers and white Dimond on my welds wheels white dimond is by far the better solution to use to get that finish that you are looking for
Aside from my raw aluminum rims, I also have aluminum side steps on each side of my truck. I'll try that blue stuff vs mothers and maybe pick up some white diamond too. It's just been raining non stop here so I haven't had the chance to clean anything up. I'd like to see which one is the best in terms of finish and time saving. When I first got my truck the rims hadn't ever been polished in nearly 20 years, so they were extremely oxidized, a nasty rough grey. Some wet sanding and mothers really brought them back to life. I'll have to find some pictures.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally had some time to mount the bumper. Polished up some stainless carriage bolts to fille the holes in and hammered out the small dent. I think it came out pretty good.