po717

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

that97hoe

Reaction score
has anyone ever dealt with po717 after 0411 swap? wondering if it could be something to do with tune, as i heard from the man who rebuilt my trans that 1997 don’t have input shaft speed sensor, or if i in fact one if it just randomly went bad. p0717: input turbine speed sensor no signal. truck drives great aside that hidden code, speedo works, tach works, no ses is illuminated, and the now hard shifts, especially 1-2. but also worth mentioning, all of a sudden on the dash “prndl” third gear isn’t lit up all of a sudden as well as park. i believe park, i’ll check. thanks for any help. i’ll get some pics for you guys now it’s mostly done.

Last edited:

that97hoe

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

i apologize they all suck i don’t know how to take cool pictures

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has anyone ever dealt with po717 after 0411 swap? wondering if it could be something to do with tune, as i heard from the man who rebuilt my trans that 1997 don’t have input shaft speed sensor, or if i in fact one if it just randomly went bad. p0717: input turbine speed sensor no signal. truck drives great aside that hidden code, speedo works, tach works, no ses is illuminated, and the now hard shifts, especially 1-2. but also worth mentioning, all of a sudden on the dash “prndl” third gear isn’t lit up all of a sudden as well as park. i believe park, i’ll check. thanks for any help. i’ll get some pics for you guys now it’s mostly done.
Who programmed the ECM? I dont think they started having ISS on a 4l60e until after 2005... so you shouldn't have ANY 0411 with the correct trans segment looking for an ISS. You should have a 2156 OS from an express van equipped with a 5.7/4l60e. If the tuner put one on there from a 5.7/4l80e express van... that might be your problem

that97hoe

Reaction score
Who programmed the ECM? I dont think they started having ISS on a 4l60e until after 2005... so you shouldn't have ANY 0411 with the correct trans segment looking for an ISS. You should have a 2156 OS from an express van equipped with a 5.7/4l60e. If the tuner put one on there from a 5.7/4l80e express van... that might be your problem
i’ve done all of it so far via hp tuners. it did have 4l80e. another member directed me to segment swap over 4l60e info and i’ve done that, where do i go to look

that97hoe

Reaction score
i mean i’d be super willing to start over and license a new file, correct file if would someone could direct me to where to find the stock file for a 2002 express with 4l60e, if that would solve my problem. the one i got off the hp tuners repository had 4l80e in it. couldn’t find another one. i’m pretty sure i started with a file with 4l80e as well. from the van i got the pcm was a 3500.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i mean i’d be super willing to start over and license a new file, correct file if would someone could direct me to where to find the stock file for a 2002 express with 4l60e, if that would solve my problem. the one i got off the hp tuners repository had 4l80e in it. couldn’t find another one. i’m pretty sure i started with a file with 4l80e as well. from the van i got the pcm was a 3500.
You don't license the file, you license the PCM. You can write whatever file you want to that PCM once you have licensed it(as long as it is relevent to that PCM). I would try and find a 2002 silverado 2156 OS that has a 4l60e and swap that trans segment in.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did you segment swap between 2 tunes with the same OS? If it's looking for an ISS, it still thinks you have a 4L80. Or did you swap the trans segment but not the trans diagnostic segment as well? If it drives fine but is throwing that code it stands to reason you didn't swap the diagnostic segment.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you segment swap between 2 tunes with the same OS? If it's looking for an ISS, it still thinks you have a 4L80. Or did you swap the trans segment but not the trans diagnostic segment as well? If it drives fine but is throwing that code it stands to reason you didn't swap the diagnostic segment.
So yes and no. He put a 4L60E segment in place of a 4L80E one, the 4L60E code is there on the transmission side but the DTC needs to be disabled. The DTCs are in the engine diagnostic segment. Since he does not have an input speed sensor all that needs to be done is set P0717 to No Error Reported.

Same thing just bit me in the butt on my P59. I had it setup with a 2005 van system segment to run our High/Low ac pressure switches and analog ac request. The GMT800 L31 truck had an ac pressure sensor stock and the PCM was setting a P0530 soft code which was preventing my ac from running more than 3 seconds after it was turned on. The engine side of the code was still looking for the pressure sensor which was not there and shutting the ac off thinking it was low on refrigerant.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So yes and no. He put a 4L60E segment in place of a 4L80E one, the 4L60E code is there on the transmission side but the DTC needs to be disabled. The DTCs are in the engine diagnostic segment. Since he does not have an input speed sensor all that needs to be done is set P0717 to No Error Reported.

Same thing just bit me in the butt on my P59. I had it setup with a 2005 van system segment to run our High/Low ac pressure switches and analog ac request. The GMT800 L31 truck had an ac pressure sensor stock and the PCM was setting a P0530 soft code which was preventing my ac from running more than 3 seconds after it was turned on. The engine side of the code was still looking for the pressure sensor which was not there and shutting the ac off thinking it was low on refrigerant.

In EFILive there are separate diag segments for engine and trans, so when one swaps an engine or trans segment there they must also swap the associated diag segment, so any segment swap is actually 2 segment swaps. Is it different on HPT? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around why the ISS would be an option on the P01 for the 4L60.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In EFILive there are separate diag segments for engine and trans, so when one swaps an engine or trans segment there they must also swap the associated diag segment, so any segment swap is actually 2 segment swaps. Is it different on HPT? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around why the ISS would be an option on the P01 for the 4L60.
The DTCs are in the Engine Diag segment. When I did the 5spd to 80E segments on the P59, I had to enable the DTCs for the 4L80E.