Pics of your MSD box install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

///M5

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a 6AL / Blaster 3 Coil on a 98 5.7, but I don't know how to wire it to my blaster 3 coil (or any coil at that). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I must be missing something.... arent all these 96+ computer controlled spark timing? So run a slightly hotter wire and then tune the ecm accordingly?

Mrbeefy334

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a 6AL / Blaster 3 Coil on a 98 5.7, but I don't know how to wire it to my blaster 3 coil (or any coil at that). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

MSD make plug in wire harness, meant to eliminate any wire cutting. Its plug and play simple. Runs about 40 bucks shipped on summit ( P/N 8877). I went this route, but MSD does supply wire diagrams if you choose to cut and splice, its only five wires if I remember correctly. Hope that helps.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys i had a msd 6aL box in my truck but i never saw much difference what else was a suppose to change for it too get the most power

6789olds

Reaction score
i just picked up the 8877 harness and mine has 2 seperate white wires one red one orange one black . but on the install instructions it only shows one white??? is my harness jacked up ? also the plug that plugs in the coil only has 2 wires black and orange . seems like there should be 3 going to the coil .

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Honestly, MSD is crap, would never let a box touch my truck.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a few supporting mods when I did my MSD ignition box, smoother idle and crisp start up.

Why did you go with a blaster 3 coil? They make a OEM replacement coil.