Pics of Denali/Esky Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Thanks- very thorough! The classy look is not for me... :lol: I might ask them what they want for the whole works anyways. :shrug:

It's a small-town business run by a complete bum. His employees are great, but the owner is a $#@^. He acts like he never has time for you, even if your dragging a whole car out and he's just sitting on his *ss. He rolls his eyes, talks short like he's mad at you for buying his stuff. He promises to pull parts or call you back, he never does either. I don't know how he stays in business as he is the worst business owner I have ever done work with :nono:

For instance: my search for a diesel bumper went something like this:

Day 1: I call them. He says, "sure I bet I have one- let me take your name and number and I'll go check for you right now"
Day 3: I call them again. "I never got the chance to look," the guy says. "I'll go look now and call you back."
Day 7: I stop by since I am passing the place. I don't have time to look for anything, but I ask him about the bumper. "I didn't get time to look. I'll look tomorrow."
Day 11: I call him about it. He hasn't looked.
Day 14: I go out there and look myself.

And for a rearend the story goes like this:
Day 1: I call him. "I'll go look here, I might have one. I'll call you right back okay?"
Day 3: I call him.... and so on.

He's a PITA and overcharges on everything.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Well, I don't call a junkyard I just go there and look for myself. You can't really expect a place like that to go out an look for you IMO.

There is an LKQ near where I live that is like that. I haven't been there since cash for clunkers in '09. The only reason I used to go there was because I used to own a car that was pretty rare so I went to see if they had any. The family run place near here is always busy, in fact they just doubled the size of there inventory. 1/2-1/3 the price of LKQ.

You need to find a better yard.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Most yards around here are eager to go out and look- they know their jobs and enjoy them. They usually know what they have off the top of their head.

The local guy is just a loser.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'd prefer to pull the stuff I want. That way I know where stuff goes, especially when doing a swap such as this.

Good job on the pix! Do want one of those steering wheels!

One thing that hasn't been mentioned though, is the difference in the ashtray door between a regular truck, & the Esky/Denalli.

That local guy to you sounds lIke he wants the most return for the least amount of work! Definately shouldn't be in a 'service' biz!

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks- very thorough! The classy look is not for me... :lol: I might ask them what they want for the whole works anyways. :shrug:

It's a small-town business run by a complete bum. His employees are great, but the owner is a $#@^. He acts like he never has time for you, even if your dragging a whole car out and he's just sitting on his *ss. He rolls his eyes, talks short like he's mad at you for buying his stuff. He promises to pull parts or call you back, he never does either. I don't know how he stays in business as he is the worst business owner I have ever done work with :nono:

For instance: my search for a diesel bumper went something like this:

Day 1: I call them. He says, "sure I bet I have one- let me take your name and number and I'll go check for you right now"
Day 3: I call them again. "I never got the chance to look," the guy says. "I'll go look now and call you back."
Day 7: I stop by since I am passing the place. I don't have time to look for anything, but I ask him about the bumper. "I didn't get time to look. I'll look tomorrow."
Day 11: I call him about it. He hasn't looked.
Day 14: I go out there and look myself.

And for a rearend the story goes like this:
Day 1: I call him. "I'll go look here, I might have one. I'll call you right back okay?"
Day 3: I call him.... and so on.

He's a PITA and overcharges on everything.

Not sure if it would matter, but I would contact the Better Business Bureau and put a complaint on his Business. I just found a center console out of a Esky Thur but the door panama were gone. There was another one there with the 2 rear panels left but was drained after getting console out.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

nicosavage92

Reaction score
I just did something like this

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
What is different about the ashtray door?

3.5 years later...

(Apologies, Dave!)

Shows the 2 different bumpers (need 2 each) & the push-in clips needed to install. Usually those break on removal. They're pretty brittle.
The springs are L/R specific.
Don't need the connections. The ones in the truck already will clip right on.
Have to undo the bottom side of the dash trim on the left of the door to do the re-&-re.
Gotta have the glovedoor open to get at the clips. A pair of needle nose to get the bottom one in.
The light socket in the truck will clip into the Esky's door on top of the stationary bracket.