pic request please - gray interior w/ black mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about getting full coverage black mats for the inside of my OBS w/ gray interior. Not sure how it would look though since the gray is so light. Anyone have the min their truck?

Thanks everyone

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My black truck came with the lt. grey interior, & black rubber flooring. Recovered much of the interior in lipstick red. Sorry no pix before I redid the interior, but I haven't insatalled the new (red) carpets, yet. Don't know if I will, especially after the heater core geyser in it last week. Made the clean-up so much easier. If the carpet had been in there, I'd be replacing it right now. If it was a customer's vehicle, they'd be looking at a $4-500.00 bill for that job. Getting to appreciate the rubber floor more & more. I'll just have to get used to the ribbing that I take from my buddies for having the rubber, even though I do upholstery for a living.
When I do high-end Hot Rods, I like to go darker on the carpets, as opposed to matching the carpets to the seats. White or grey seats = black or dk. grey carpets. Red seats = burgundy or black carpets. I've done one interior similiar to Eric Clapton's '32 3 window. Black car, tan interior, & very dk. maroon carpets. Looked amazing!
When you use a darker floor covering, the floors disappear, bringing the eye's attention to the seats. We call it 'floating the seats'

Last edited:

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I have a set of NNBS factory carpet mats in my truck. They look great with the gray interior.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My black truck came with the lt. grey interior, & black rubber flooring. Recovered much of the interior in lipstick red. Sorry no pix before I redid the interior, but I haven't insatalled the new (red) carpets, yet. Don't know if I will, especially after the heater core geyser in it last week. Made the clean-up so much easier. If the carpet had been in there, I'd be replacing it right now. If it was a customer's vehicle, they'd be looking at a $4-500.00 bill for that job. Getting to appreciate the rubber floor more & more. I'll just have to get used to the ribbing that I take from my buddies for having the rubber, even though I do upholstery for a living.
When I do high-end Hot Rods, I like to go darker on the carpets, as opposed to matching the carpets to the seats. White or grey seats = black or dk. grey carpets. Red seats = burgundy or black carpets. I've done one interior similiar to Eric Clapton's '32 3 window. Black car, tan interior, & very dk. maroon carpets. Looked amazing!
When you use a darker floor covering, the floors disappear, bringing the eye's attention to the seats. We call it 'floating the seats'

I absolutley love that color combo for some reason... Black ext - Red int ...nice man!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I absolutley love that color combo for some reason... Black ext - Red int ...nice man!

It's actually 2 tone. Everything from the armrests down, is red. Everything above is the factory grey color, with a dividing line of piping in graphite (dark) grey. From 10-15 ft. away it looks like the interior is grey but when you get close, or open the door, the majority of the interior is red.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's actually 2 tone. Everything from the armrests down, is red. Everything above is the factory grey color, with a dividing line of piping in graphite (dark) grey. From 10-15 ft. away it looks like the interior is grey but when you get close, or open the door, the majority of the interior is red.

You should do all red ;)...like i said i love that look, you mainly see it in old school vehicles but i think it would neat to see in a more "modern" vehicle specialy one as clean as yours.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You should do all red ;)...like i said i love that look, you mainly see it in old school vehicles but i think it would neat to see in a more "modern" vehicle specialy one as clean as yours.

This winter. ALL red! Going to do hand-lacing around the outside edge of the seats in graphite, or matching red. Kind of like the new Ford King Ranch. (I said the 'F' word! My apologies!)

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/98GMC97CHEVY/BlackChoppers45.jpg

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/98GMC97CHEVY/BlackChoppers42.jpg