Passenger LCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passenger Side LCA the area of the bolts looked straight not bends. But the ball joint area has a bit of a dent in it. What does this mean for the usefulness of the part? Does it need to be remachined something ?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

So my passenger LCA ball joint area was hit somehow. Can this be rounded back out? Does this effective stability of the part ? What are some options

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE???

Why are you starting another thread on the same topic, asking exactly the same question?

It's junk. Get a replacement. Some folks are buying an aftermarket control arm from an Astro Van; but the manufacturer of the part says it's not a proper match for the GMT400; and I have a suspicion (but no proof) that there's a difference in the ball joint angle.

If this were me--and it was some years ago--I'd be looking at the local Treasure Yards. Find a suitable arm, replace the ball joint and--most likely--the control arm bushings. If you use Polyurethane bushings, you won't need a press or spacers. Warm up the shells with a propane torch, the rubber insert pops out, clean up the shells and poke the Poly inserts and inner steel sleeves into place with your fingers.

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE???

Why are you starting another thread on the same topic, asking exactly the same question?

It's junk. Get a replacement. Some folks are buying an aftermarket control arm from an Astro Van; but the manufacturer of the part says it's not a proper match for the GMT400; and I have a suspicion (but no proof) that there's a difference in the ball joint angle.

If this were me--and it was some years ago--I'd be looking at the local Treasure Yards. Find a suitable arm, replace the ball joint and--most likely--the control arm bushings. If you use Polyurethane bushings, you won't need a press or spacers. Warm up the shells with a propane torch, the rubber insert pops out, clean up the shells and poke the Poly inserts and inner steel sleeves into place with your fingers.
one is my build thread which I was under the impression only the OP is supposed to post in according to the rules. This was a separate thread I started outside of that linking my question.
i'm not sure what other thread I asked this same exact question about the passenger side LCA in..
Thanks for the input.