parking lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350Vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone just buys the ebay headlight,parking light combos and installs them. Obviously there cheap so its inevitable that they will have some small leaks and lead to moisture buildup. The trick is to run beads of clear silicone around every part that could possibly leak. I did that to mine and never ever had a problem. Stock housings are not great for hids. You will throw off much more light with crystal clears. Just make sure to aim your lights properly or else you will blind people. But i have not once gotten flashed in the 3 months i have had my hids in cheap ebay housings.

Good luck, Shawn

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds good. i'll just get some that look good and be sure to properly seal them

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
For headlights, I wouldn't buy anything other than TYC, Depot, or AVS. TYC's are what I have and have been great quality wise for 4 years. Depot's are what a lot of people are running, from CK Resto, and they have been getting good reviews. I've also saw good reviews for the AVS glass ones.

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
That's pretty much how the TYC ones are made, just look a little different. Not sure if that would make a difference with HID's or not really.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that link posted is the exact setup i bought

i dont have HIDs in the high beams so im not sure if that thing does anything or not but they work great with HIDs in the low beams

i have some more pics of the lights on my truck and some pics of the difference between old and new if you want them

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that link posted is the exact setup i bought

i dont have HIDs in the high beams so im not sure if that thing does anything or not but they work great with HIDs in the low beams

i have some more pics of the lights on my truck and some pics of the difference between old and new if you want them

ya post them up. i like seeing the lights on the truck better than just the lights by them selves

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright here are a few pics
i have 6k hids in lows and stock in highs

You must be registered for see images attach

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes you do need them

they are sooooo much nicer than the stock ones

i just need some newer bulbs or leds to put in them...i havent decided what im gonna put in it yet