parking lamps and DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd bet a dollar you're pulling the wrong fuse. I've pulled the DRL fuse on several 400's and not experienced the park lamp issue you are having.

Look very carefully at the numbering on the fuse block. It's easy to mistake the correct row based on how they're printed.

Richard
It was fuse 15, and the DRL were off

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It was fuse 15, and the DRL were off
OK. I only mentioned it (and mention it any time the subject comes up) as it is super easy to pull the wrong fuse.

If correct fuse pull has been verified 100% then I'll side with other comments saying you probably do have a wiring issue; look for hacks in the front lamp wiring harness, anything not factory appearing, solderless connectors, electrical tape, anything not contained in the original flex loom, etc. Start from the lamps and work your way back towards the driver side of the firewall where the wiring block is.

Richard

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. I only mentioned it (and mention it any time the subject comes up) as it is super easy to pull the wrong fuse.

If correct fuse pull has been verified 100% then I'll side with other comments saying you probably do have a wiring issue; look for hacks in the front lamp wiring harness, anything not factory appearing, solderless connectors, electrical tape, anything not contained in the original flex loom, etc. Start from the lamps and work your way back towards the driver side of the firewall where the wiring block is.

Richard
as soon as i saw the wiring diagrams i knew i was in for a hunt, not the worst electrical problem to have. it is odd that everything works perfectly fine, im guessing a modification still exist. i thought i had removed everything i didnt put in when i replaced the dashboard