parking lamps and DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to disable my DRL by removing the fuse, and the park lamps stopped working. turn and hazard worked just fine, this one has me quite puzzled. none of the wiring diagrams show that these systems are connected. put the fuse back and they came back on.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
I recently read somewhere on here about a different method of unplugging something by the column/ on the column (silver box?) to disable DRL instead when the fuse method has side Effects.
sorry cant be of more help but I hope that gives you some google search terms.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently read somewhere on here about a different method of unplugging something by the column/ on the column (silver box?) to disable DRL instead when the fuse method has side Effects.
sorry cant be of more help but I hope that gives you some google search terms.
There is a diode that is located under the dash, it keeps the system from backfeeding power when you turn your lights on

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Sounds like you may have a short. I'd check the parklamps themselves.
looking at it in the haynes manual shows the park lamp fuse, but not related. the service manual diagram didnt show pk lamp fuse. i wonder if the fuse was jumpered to run both at some point by some previous owner mod, the car at one time did have some sort of aftermarket security system

Attachments

• drlpl.PNG
    drlpl.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 7
  • drl2.PNG
    drl2.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 5

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Anything is possible. You may have to trace wires and see if they got spliced into each other.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
On diode removal here’s the YouTube video but it doesn’t work on my 400 Escalade and just heads up just bend both bottom tabs then slide/wiggle it out off no need to do anything else but it’s tight needlenose pliers definitely and door wide open but like I said for me that didn’t work and my fog lights are connected to the fuse so I’m not doing that I always prefer a vehicle with fog lights of same without! Lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Very easy to overlook the row numbering as the last one is obscured a bit by the edge of the dash. #15 is the DRL fuse, circled:

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard