Painting Impact strips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
That's a big time no from me haha. It just doesn't flow in my opinion. If you're going to paint any part of that silver just do the whole rockers. However; if you do paint them, I taped off the rest of the truck, cleaned them with acetone, roughed them up with red scotch brite pads, cleaned them off again, and used spray can trim paint. I only painted mine black though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks good kevin.

Josh: like kevin said, clean the strips with acetone and use enough to the point where you can rub the strips with a paper towel and there will be minimal black residue. For paint, you would need a soft flexible paint to avoid cracks from the softness of the rubber

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
What should I look for... How do I know if it is flexible or not

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
What should I look for... How do I know if it is flexible or not

I dont know much about paints but you can ask the people at the paint stores which is best to paint on rubber. Do you have a store near you? I can ask the guy at my store if you would like.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I dont know much about paints but you can ask the people at the paint stores which is best to paint on rubber. Do you have a store near you? I can ask the guy at my store if you would like.

Yea I think I know a guy at my store who could give me a good answer about it. thanks