Painting Impact strips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
As some of you know I have been planning on doing this to "Lucy" This is a chop of how it would sorta look
You must be registered for see images attach

I want both opinions and also was wondering if any of you had intelligent ideas on how to prep the rubber so that it will hold the paint and not chip off right away.

Shoot away

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not a painter.....but im guessing you would have to use some sort of an adhesion promoter???

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
That's a big time no from me haha. It just doesn't flow in my opinion. If you're going to paint any part of that silver just do the whole rockers. However; if you do paint them, I taped off the rest of the truck, cleaned them with acetone, roughed them up with red scotch brite pads, cleaned them off again, and used spray can trim paint. I only painted mine black though.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah mine was in terrible condition as well......looked alot better after i removed it.but yours looks pretty good now