Painting Fender Flares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to the local pull a part to get a grill guard and found a truck with a set of fender flares that matched the color of my truck almost perfect! Having never pulled them off before I had no idea that they were bolted on the back side and couldn't get them off. Now to my question I ended up getting a mismatched set that they had sitting around. Where is a good place to get paint to match and how should I prep. them? I also heard they are a real pain to paint.

Thanks in advance!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
not sure on paint because i painted mine black but you can sorta pry them and peel them off that metal pieace and then when you put them on your truck use double sided tape thats what i did

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would assume scuff them up good and then shoot them with like a plastic adhesion promoter before you paint them and then paint them normally with light coats letting them dry good between coats then use like a 3m double sided tape or a automotive adhesive..... prep the surface you are sticking them too really well and clean it good an make sure both surfaces are warm

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thanks that kinda what i was thinking about doing. Are there any good places to order paint from or should I just have a batch mixed up?

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
at the local auto body supply shop here you can take your paint code and get a rattle can of it,,, its only like $20,,, just an idea