paint code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rytari

Reaction score
my cab corners were rusted badly so i chage those and now i need to do some painting... but but... my rpo sticker says totally different colors that seems to be in my truck, code says it gunmetallic gray/dark cherry but my rig is gold/dark brown or something and im pretty sure its been like that from the factory because no other colors anywhere..

You must be registered for see images

im sure somebody has the same color combo, what would be the paint code for those...

and if that helps, its 89 year chevy

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Does the VIN on your SPID label (RPO sticker) match the VIN on your truck? If not, dash or glovebox insert probably got swapped. It happens.

I'm totally guessing here but your upper color MIGHT be 58/WA8865 (light sandstone metallic), lower MIGHT be 52/WA9008 (gold metallic) which are 1989 GM fullsize truck colors.

If your SPID label doesn't match you could try running your VIN through compnine, or have a friendly dealer parts counter run it for you. Though many older trucks don't seem to have records available so it may not pull up - usually happens to me on the late 80's/very early 90's models I've tried to check.

Richard

rytari

Reaction score
we do not have a "friendly dealer" for these in finland, and some internet vin decoder didnt show anything for this, maybe because its export model...

upper could be that 9008 gold but lower is more brownish that those

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The only other color I see coming close is going to be 68/WA9212, "dark saddle" might be the lower.

Richard

SouthJerseySteve

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try googling Gm truck paint codes. Their will be some very helpful sites that will pop up. Pick one and enter your year make and model, most of the sights will display all of the color options for that year with samples. Ran into the same problem a few years ago, this worked.