P0336 after oil pan replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to make this quick
1999 Suburban CK1500 4x4, all stick but lift kit with almost 250,000 miles.
I had leaks so I replaced oil pan gasket, oil pump, oil cooler lines, filter adapter and timing cover (I did not replace timing chain or gear), Y-Pipe donuts, water pump, knock sensor
Two days before doing this I got random misfire in cylinder 2 and then in a different cylinder following day. I was going to tackle that after this big leak project was done.
I got everything back together and now it won’t start. No spark at all. I’ve got 61psi of fuel pressure.
I’m extremely pressed for time as I’m borrowing a garage and I’m already 2 days over my expected leave date.
I replaced:
1. crank shaft positioning sensor.
2. Coil
3. Stupid over priced ICM
3. Knock sensor and soldered new harness.

still no spark. I’ve got 12v at cps and it’s ground is good. I’m currently cleaning the engine to frame grounds, but I think they were good.
I saw the 7 page trouble shooting posts.
I get to the point where it says jump a whole bunch of wires and use a special tool in a kit and that’s beyond me
It’s just weird that it always started and I replaced oils pan and timing cover then I get this problem.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to make this quick
1999 Suburban CK1500 4x4, all stick but lift kit with almost 250,000 miles.
I had leaks so I replaced oil pan gasket, oil pump, oil cooler lines, filter adapter and timing cover (I did not replace timing chain or gear), Y-Pipe donuts, water pump, knock sensor
Two days before doing this I got random misfire in cylinder 2 and then in a different cylinder following day. I was going to tackle that after this big leak project was done.
I got everything back together and now it won’t start. No spark at all. I’ve got 61psi of fuel pressure.
I’m extremely pressed for time as I’m borrowing a garage and I’m already 2 days over my expected leave date.
I replaced:
1. crank shaft positioning sensor.
2. Coil
3. Stupid over priced ICM
3. Knock sensor and soldered new harness.

still no spark. I’ve got 12v at cps and it’s ground is good. I’m currently cleaning the engine to frame grounds, but I think they were good.
I saw the 7 page trouble shooting posts.
I get to the point where it says jump a whole bunch of wires and use a special tool in a kit and that’s beyond me
It’s just weird that it always started and I replaced oils pan and timing cover then I get this problem.
Another thing is my battery is at 13v. However when trying to start it turns over okay for a little bit but drains very quickly. It’s 1 year old.
also not smell of fuel like it’s not injecting, but like I said it is at 61PSI