Oxygen sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eXo0us

Reaction score
Some new O2 sensors are using fast fourth generation technology, and some older vehicles can't read or keep up with how fast they switch. And therefore the pcm will generate a fault code. I installed a new Walker Exhaust sensor in the mini and it didn't like it. Then ordered new NTK sensor= no problem, no codes.
Ntk published a bulletin on older vehicles needing sensors that are " tuned" to older , not as smart pcm.
I use the NTK in my O2 sensor choice, all six vehicles. I have had no issues, run great right out of the box.
Good luck!
Thanks for the Info. I've looked up the NTK, seems like a good sensor. But the price difference is not that big that wouldn't go with GM original ($40 vs $50) The Bosch sensors where much cheaper - $23 and had amazing reviews from people with the same engine (not same truck but 5.7L vortec)

I haven't gotten the codes again after the PCM started relearning. They are not changing fast at all - when I'm reading them - they are pretty sluggish...