Order of removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chebbyfan

Reaction score
I've found a nice truck to get replacement interior parts from. I have a regular cab truck and I'm getting some replacement plastic trim. I'm trying to figure out the order of removal for the back and sides of the cab pieces. I obviously didn't do it in the right order on my own truck, and only thing I could find here was for an ext cab. Does anybody know where to start when removing the trim on the back and sides of a regular cab truck?

richclemson

Reaction score
Start with the piece on top :)

What year - I'll see if my service manual has anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richclemson

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so you are pulling the rear panels out?

panel below rear window. grab from bottom corners and pull. clips may stay in truck . pliers will pull them out. do teh same with the top panel where the light is.
remove seatbelt bolts , remove (outof way) panel over doors. unclip side panels. cannot remember if there were screws in the base or not.

chebbyfan

Reaction score
The ones I have done, it seems like there are female notches in the top back piece that break every time. Its almost like the sides need to come out before the top. I think its the bottom trim piece under the window, then the sides of the cab, then the top back piece above the window. The sides must have to slide out of the top one is what it seems to me. But thanks for all the responses so far. Hopefully this guy will sell me the parts I need.

richclemson

Reaction score
I pulled my interior to change speakers last weekend. Broke a lot of the tabs holding the metal clasps in place. The top, on the roof, by the back window (extended cab) did seem to have notches fitting it into the sides. I had the most luck removing the top metal clasps and then bowing the middle down to release both tabs on the sides.

chebbyfan

Reaction score
I am trying to replace rear cab speakers on the side. However, previous owner used other means to keep in place and I'm trying to fix his screw ups as well as clean everything and replace all the bad parts to revive this interior. Thanks for all the help so far.