ORD shackle flips....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
thats odd. i've just looked at my hitch and it's no where in the way.... what hitch do you have on your truck?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Its not in the way...until you try to pull the bolts out. They have to come out towards the hitch, there just isn't enough room. Maybe yours will be different, but I doubt it. They almost come all the way out, but not quite.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Its not in the way...until you try to pull the bolts out. They have to come out towards the hitch, there just isn't enough room. Maybe yours will be different, but I doubt it. They almost come all the way out, but not quite.
I rechecked and doesn't look like theres not gunna be the same problem. but we shall see

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Fun fact of the day: If you have a hitch, it will have to come off in order to get the bolts out of the stock shackle mounts for the leaf springs. The front hangers are easy. But the bolts in the back are put in before the hitch, with the bolt head on the hitch side, nut towards the outside of the truck. Ran into this last night.

I don't know what would be preventing you from just hacking the bolts in half to solve this problem.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Well my kit didn't come with new bolts, but yeah, thats a great idea for the shackle flip!
i don't think mind came with all the bolts but i'm getting new ones. while i've got everyting off i need to go ahead and rebuild/replace what i can. i very well man just get new leafs too. already got the HD torsion bars ordered.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
i don't think mind came with all the bolts but i'm getting new ones. while i've got everyting off i need to go ahead and rebuild/replace what i can. i very well man just get new leafs too. already got the HD torsion bars ordered.

Nice! Always a good idea to replace anything you can.