• 3" body lift

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Both

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • neither??

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I know I'm late adding to this, but do you have any noticeable axle wrap? Blocks will increase it because it gives the axle more leverage against the weakened leafs. One thing we used to do with weak leafs if we didn't have the money or time to get them re-arc'd, was add an upside down load leaf to the bottom of the leaf pack. It would bring the leafs back to life and the carrying capacity was WAY higher. I have a feeling if you did it on your's, it would probably make you want to lift your front end. The last time we did that, we stole the load leafs out from under the 98-04 tacoma 4x4 mini trucks and put them on an 89 rcsb 4x4....it shot the backend up about 4". It's an idea if your leafs are bad, and you won't get any axle wrap from doing it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Minimeh I vote both btw but what is done to your rockers? Is that painted or Line-x/rhinoliner? I'm looking to line-x my rockers maybe soon but I want something that isn't extremely gritty. Yours looks really smooth but honestly I can't tell if it's just painted or not.

Also, I did a 2" block in the rear on mine when I was younger but I cranked the bars way up just so it would sit level and it was the worst thing I could have done. The blocks won't do any harm at all but cranking the front so it sits level is what does the damage. Crank it up but keep your angles good or you will hate riding in your truck. Nothings worse than a truck that's higher in the back than in the front though too...Honestly I would have done 3" BL no blocks with 1.5" crank.

1.5" of crank is about the max u want to go. 2" = too much

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its herculiner, and If I installed the 2" blocks I wouldn't crank any more than I have already, the rear is sagging about an inch so I would only gain an inch of rake, which I can live with. but now im considering selling the bodylift and the 2" block and getting a set of add a leafs

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but now im considering selling the bodylift and the 2" block and getting a set of add a leafs

good call.

looks good, truck must have a rough life, with that 1" sag unloaded.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Do the add-a-leaf, don't do the body lift. You use your truck on the farm to much for that.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the add-a-leaf, don't do the body lift. You use your truck on the farm to much for that.

That really doesnt make any sense.. I have a 3"bl on my truck and haul **** all the time and have had zero issues. Truck feels exactly the same as it did before only difference is obviously having to load stuff into a 3" higher bed. But if you dig deep and find your balls I'm sure you can do it :p

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
^^I'm with TLoud on this one^^

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I have 3" bl and blocks and crank and hauled stuff all the time, anything your putting in the back of your truck now an extra 3-6 inches isnt that much farther

Casillas34

Reaction score
Im with some of the other guys if your serious bout hauling stuff on a regular basis do add a leaf. just be warned the rear end will ride rougher unloaded. body lift wudnt be to badd if you painted the chassis to match the black lower half of your truck but rusted frame rail and no gap gaurds looks awful.
-Rick