Opinions on dash carpet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewster

Reaction score
I'm toying around with the idea of putting one of those carpet dash covers in my '90 Sierra. Thought it looked neat, and is another measure to prevent the 24 year old plastic from cracking. :smile: I searched around and found some sources of them. One thing I didn't quite see is if they cover up the side vents or if the cover ends before it reaches the vent.

Anyone have opinions on the dash covers or a favorite source of them?

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
I have SuedeMat covers from DashMat on my 95 and 99 dashes. The material is not real suede but it's much nicer than carpet. Fit and color aren't dead on, but close enough. The covers end just past the side vents.

I can get you pics later on.

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also been thinking about this to stop dash glare. That sucks with contacts

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally dont like dash carpet, I always wonder what people are trying to hide, and I replace windshields, and I hate taking them off and putting them back on. I would rather have dash carpet then look at a cracked, beat dash though. So each to there own

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have been thinking of one as well, I have one in my Monte SS and I love it. No glare off the windshield and keeps the dash from cracking.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I love my dash cover and it came with the truck when I got and doesn't have a crack in it (knock on wood haha)

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I think it's all a matter of personal preference... Honestly, I'm not a fan. There was one in my Yukon when I bought it. It was in a trash can within 15 minutes of me buying it. LOL
I used to put them in vehicles all the time when I worked at a truck accessory shop in Albuquerque. I can understand protecting the dash... I'm just too OCD about things not looking cluttered.
If I did go with one, however, I think it would be the Suedemat.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are any of the dash mats stiff enough to cover holes in the dash? I mean HOLES, like a spot missing from center of the steering wheel to the far right side of the stereo, and it goes all the way from front to back. If I could put my hands on another '98 dash I would replace it. Every one I see in the yard is cracked in one way or another.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Are any of the dash mats stiff enough to cover holes in the dash? I mean HOLES, like a spot missing from center of the steering wheel to the far right side of the stereo, and it goes all the way from front to back. If I could put my hands on another '98 dash I would replace it. Every one I see in the yard is cracked in one way or another.

I'd say most of them probably would, though you may have to stick something under it to keep the material from sagging where the hole is. The one that was in my truck covered every inch of the upper dash, came around the vents down the sides and down next to the pull-out cupholder. I wish now I wouldn't have tossed it, I'd have gave it to someone on here.