Ok so I'm new to the LS swap what all do I need to pull from the donor vehicle when I take motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshc2187

Reaction score
Looking to LS swap. In the process of finding a donor vehicle what do I need to pull from it to do the swap?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to LS swap. In the process of finding a donor vehicle what do I need to pull from it to do the swap?
If you do a quick Google search for "LS swap gmt 400" you will get a ton of results, mostly from here.
Obviously the motor, as complete as you can get it. Meaning the belt drive system, computer, throttle pedal (if a DBW), wiring harness etc. The best is if you have the donor vehicle parked next to your truck as possible. Depending on the year of your truck, may need to upgrade the fuel pump.
Are you swapping the transmission too?
I have done mine yet, but have read a ton online, watched videos on YouTube. The info is out there, tons of these swaps have been done.