Oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I had a pontiac motor that sounded like that on start up. Someone told me about Marvel Mystery Oil. Been around for many many years. Read up on it before using in your engine. I used it for 10yrs of ownership succefully.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I had a pontiac motor that sounded like that on start up. Someone told me about Marvel Mystery Oil. Been around for many many years. Read up on it before using in your engine. I used it for 10yrs of ownership succefully.
I've heard it helps with different stuff idk what all it helps tho. I think it's a faulty Gauge. It pegs out past 80 back to 0 its all out of wack lmao

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
you should get a mechanical oil pressure gauge to see what is actually going on as far as marvel mystery oil goes I do not think I have ever herd any thing bad about it but I consider it a bandaid I dose do some thing so it is not complete "snake oil" but is not the answer there is no such thing as a mechanic in a bottle/tube/can

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sense I leak sht load of oil. I get 15w30 in quarts little thicker. I've noticed that helps the valve rattle on start up. And it raises the oil pressure about 55 60. But I've heard thicker oil will burn up the pump?
My engine uses oil and I'm using Castrol High Mileage 10-40. I have never heard any valve rattle or tick and I too have the fluctuation on the oil temp gauge.

Last edited:

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to do the job you would need a set of intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets and I would change all 16 lifters I must warn you though that this will happen again at some point in the future if you do not fix the leaking/burning oil problem
How do you fix the burning oil issue? Rebuild? Cylinder rings?

I'm burning about a quart of oil every 1k miles or so...

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
How do you fix the burning oil issue? Rebuild? Cylinder rings?

I'm burning about a quart of oil every 1k miles or so...
the right way would be a rebuild because if you are going to replace piston rings you may as well do every thing yes when you re do the block you do the heads at the same time new valve seals new valves if need new valve seats if needed new valve guides if needed

Mikes98

Reaction score
I've heard it helps with different stuff idk what all it helps tho. I think it's a faulty Gauge. It pegs out past 80 back to 0 its all out of wack lmao
Not a big fan of "pour in" fixes, but ...out of the clear blue, my '98 developed a valve ticking. Had recently changed the oil ...been on a 3K oil and filter change for most of her life. But there it was ...a tappet ticking that wouldn't go away. Decided to try the MMO ******. New fill of 4qts SuperTech full-synth 5W30 and a quart of MMO. Fired up the engine and it began to tick again ...and then it didn't ...literally heard the noise subside and stop. I remember as a kid doing the oil changes on my Dad's '67 Tempest that had a good round of ticky lifters. Used to use CD2 engine oil detergent that did quiet the valves quite well ...and lasted about 3000 miles or so. I mean, for what MMO costs? It's at least worth a try.