Oil Filler Tube O-Ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
96-98 5.7 Vortec
I’m looking for the O-Ring at the oil filler tube just above where it threads in. Anyone ever replace this? Might have to just remove and find one close enough. Can’t find anyone who has them. Not interested in buying this whole part.
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can’t find one specifically, I’ll bet it’s the same as the one on the cap. Could probably buy a cheap cap and pull the o-ring from it. :shrug:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Measure the old one carefully with calipers, and go from there. That's what I did for my oil cap. I then bought a couple close choices from the plumbing dept. and used the one that fit.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, this doesn’t say “which” seal it is. I messaged seller and reply was the information in description was all they had. Meaning…they don’t know wtf they have.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
FWIW, this doesn’t say “which” seal it is. I messaged seller and reply was the information in description was all they had. Meaning…they don’t know wtf they have.

I would guess its correct, but you'd have a tough time convincing me to pay that much for an o-ring. Round O-rings are pretty standard like bearings. GM isn't designing thier own.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would guess its correct, but you'd have a tough time convincing me to pay that much for an o-ring. Round O-rings are pretty standard like bearings. GM isn't designing thier own.
Apparently, an ordinary "320" size O-ring. I would want Viton material rather than cheap neoprene, but even neoprene should work for awhile at least.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, no I wouldn’t either. It says it’s an Acdelco part. I was trying to get them to give me a part number, which they couldn’t. If it is correct size, it says it’s a 27.94 MM I.D. o-ring.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pack of 10
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media